As children of the Everlasting God, we are called to PRAY for
everyone, to SERVE our community, and to ENCOURAGE the
knowledge of Christ’s unfailing love.
- There is one true God. The true God is the Triune God, one God and Three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- God created and cares for our world. God created all things in His wisdom and power. He continues to care for His creation today. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 6:25-33)
- God the Son, Jesus, died and rose to save people from punishment for their sins. In love for us, Jesus willingly died on the cross to take the punishment we deserved as sinners. His resurrection has defeated Satan, sin, and death. (John 3:16-17, 1 John 4:7-11)
- God the Holy Spirit works to bring people to faith in Jesus. (John 14:26, John 15:26)
- All people have sinned. We need God's forgiveness and salvation. (Romans 3:10-12, 23)
- God saves people from punishment for sin and for heaven through faith in Jesus, not by good works. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- God has given us the Scriptures, which are His inspired Word. (2 Timothy 3:14-17)
- God promises to work in the lives of His people today through the Word and Sacraments. (Matthew 28:18-20).
The AMC is a unique ministry. Very few Circuits have their own mission arm. In Alaska, because congregations have trouble reaching all the opportunities and responsibilities to share Jesus, the LCMS Churches in Alaska formed the AMC. Technically, therefore, this is not an organization outside our congregation, but an extension of our congregation, perhaps a daughter. AMC is totally focused on doing mission work in various forms with the motto of Sharing Christ in the Last Frontier. The goal is often stated that AMC seeks to bring Jesus to every Alaskan community.
Funny River Community Lutheran Church traces its origin to support from the AMC. We continue to support this ministry with our prayers, involvement in outreach, Vacation Bible School ministry and special events.
For additional information, see the AMC website.